SMACKERAL
'A LITTLE BIT OF THIS, AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT'

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 6, 1983 - A Day to Remember

August 6th, 29 years ago, our first child was born weighing in at a slight 6 lbs with the most beautiful red hair to the delight of her parents and grandparents.  I thought I knew what happiness, love and joy were but until that moment when I first saw her little face I had no idea the emotions that would fill my soul.  Never had I had tears of joy stream down my face as I did at that precious moment.  And now 29 years later I still find myself with those same tears staining my face as I reflect back over those years and the same happiness she brings into my life each and every day.  Danielle has been a delight to have in our home as a child, sister and now we have the wonderful blessing of seeing her in her role as wife and mother.  I'm learning that a parents greatest joy is in seeing their children have and rear their own children.  I often see my mom in Danielle and she has no idea what comfort this gives me as I see the attributes of my own mother live on in her.
Below are just a few pictures of this amazing daughter and some fun videos:
August 1983 - Hospital Baby Picture - Danielle Larsen

Danielle with her Grandma Lynn in Park City, Utah

Danielle with Lion Cub, outing with Grandma Lynn in Oregon
Danielle has always been the responsible older sister and when each of our other children came along we knew that Danielle would always be there to love, help and support them.  She was the director of games and countless video productions in our family room.

Danielle & Haley in hotel on way to Canada 1987


Above, Danielle practicing her signature move!
Danielle Larsen - Red Haired Beauty


Danielle as Snow White - Halloween

Danielle, much like her Grandma Lynn, loves Halloween and was always excited to see what kind of a character she could be.  She, her mother and siblings continue this tradition.

60's Swing
Larsen Children with Grandma and Grandpa Broby, Utah 1991

Danielle, Cory, Kelsey & Haley - Christmas 1991

And now a new chapter in our lives and hers.  Danielle Reay the wife of Allan our wonderful son-in-law and the mother of three of our precious grandchildren, Emma Merlynn, Walker Allan and Lillian Danielle.

Allan and Danielle Reay, Christmas 2011 with Lillian in blanket.

Danielle, mother of three. Halloween 2011



Christmas Surprise for Danielle - Bridget becomes the newest member of the Reay household.

Still our Red Haired Beauty - Summer 2012 in Utah

She is still the light of our life and a blessing beyond understanding.  Happy Birthday Danielle!


No comments:

Post a Comment